Wednesday, October 15, 2008

200 Wonderful, Amazing, Awesome, Terrific Posts (It's Also A Giveaway For Those of You Who Don't Want to Read The Whole Post)!!

WOW!! I have reached the milestone of my 200th post!! I am really proud of myself for sticking with it!! I have finally followed the Prophet by keeping a journal--so points for me!! It seems like just yesterday that Christa talked me into starting a blog--thanks for that!! I have also met some AWESOME and AMAZING new friends!!

I wanted to do something special for my 200th post but I wasn't quite sure what. Did I want to post 200 interesting things about me, or 200 funny stories, or a tape with Olivia saying her "knock knock" joke 200 times. What to do? I have finally decided that I will....drum roll please....

Have a wonderful, amazing, awesome, terrific GIVEAWAY!! Yes--I said giveaway!! I pondered what I would giveaway and I decided to go with jewelry. See I used to be a tom-boy. I hardly ever wear make-up and I never wore jewelry. However, in the past few years I have been really loving different jewelry and I wear it almost everyday. One of my favorites is a small company in "happy valley" called Tribal Jewelry Unlimited . The jewelry is all handmade from shells, beads, wood and nuts. So--without further ado--the first thing I will be giving away is this necklace called Caroline:


And the second thing will be this bracelet called Amy:

To enter just leave a comment. If you would like 3 entries give me and my giveaway a shout out on your blog and then come back and leave me a comment letting me know and once I verify you will have yourself 3 entries!! The contest will run from now until October 22nd. Good luck everyone!!

92 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Congrats on your 200th post! That's awesome!

Brittany Marie said...

Wow! 200 posts! That's awesome!

rychelle said...

i like to name my jewelry too!

Erin said...

I am allergic to metal, so generally I can't wear any jewelry. This is really cute and not metal either! Oh, and congrats on keeping up with your journal!

Jillene said...

Rychelle-
Kind of funny huh? She names them all girls names--I have no idea why!

Kristina & Brittany-
You both realize that it is also a giveaway right?

Leslie said...

Sah- weet!!! Of course I'll put something on my bloggy blog about this! I'm thinking sidebar...!

Congrats on #200 - very cool! :)

Victoria Elder said...

ah ha! i posted a little diddy on my latest post about your giveaway I love that necklace!

Jo said...

Congrats on your 200th post! And since I am invited, you can sign me up for winning!

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

Very fun! I'll post on my FELLOWS HAPPENINGS blog. Not many people read it. But you didn't say it had to be popular to get the entries, right? :)

Great job on 200!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Fun! I absolutely LOVE these pieces! *I hope I win* *I hope I win*

I'm off to announce it on my blog.....be back to let you know when its up!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Okay..I've got an shout-out sending people to your blog hanging off my sidebar!

Congrats on the 200th post!

*MARY* said...

Congratulations Jillene! Your blog stalkers are all going to come out now! Free stuff does that. Can't wait to meet and greet you!

Shaunab said...

wow!! 200 posts is awesome!! congrats!

Unknown said...

200 posts! I am so impressed- plus you have great taste in jewelry. I am so in.....

and I am posting a link at this very moment on my own little blog.

Toodles!

Jillybean said...

200 posts???
Wow, you must type really fast.

Whitney R said...

YES! I love these!

Erin, we are totally sisters some how because I am also allergic to metal as well. I can get away with earrings for most of the day, but bracelets and necklaces don't work as well.

So these work for me too!

Congrats with the 200 AMAZING WONDERFUL FANTASTIC BEAUTIFUL INTERESTING (am I swaying you yet?) SUBSTANTIAL COOL NEAT SUPAFLY BLOGARIFIC CAPTIVATING POSTS!!

Heather of the EO said...

200. That's a lot if you really stop and think about it. It's so many.
200. Congrats! :)

Now give me some jewelry. Thank you.

Christa said...

I already have both of those pieces, so when I win, you'll just have to give me something else.

Jillene said...

Christa-
I figured as much so if you win I will get you something different!!

Torina said...

Pick me! Pick me! I never ever win anything. Oh wait. I just lied. I just won a "breakfast sandwich" from McDonald's this afternoon. But I would rather wear the bracelet and necklace instead :)

Brittany Marie said...

Yes, I realize it is a giveaway. Can I count this comment as being entered twice? :D

Vanessa said...

I know you are talking about me, you are so glad to have met me. And happy valley, huh? Maybe we are neighbors. Hope I win.

Vanessa said...

You are on my sidebar!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 200th post!!!Wow, way to stick with it! Look forward to many more posts.

Love the jewelery! Count me in! I'll be back to let know when I post about this fantantic giveaway.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa Jordan said...

Hi there - I'm a good friend of Ramona's (Better Than We Deserve) so I'm blogstalking here. I love the jewelry!

Teresa Jordan said...

Hey - I'm going to give your giveaway a shout out on my blog. I'm also doing my first blog giveaway (for a retro apron) if you want to check it out, here's my blog address: tjsblogginspot.blogspot.com

Wendyburd1 said...

Congratulations, WOW, 200 posts!! I love jewelery too!! I have many a necklace, my fave!!

Wendyburd1 said...

Woot, put me down for 3, I put your giveaway on me blog!!Arrrrr!

Jules AF said...

Yours is the only blog I'm commenting on today. Feel special. Pick me!

Holly said...

Congrats on 200 posts! A great milestone.

Anonymous said...

Just posted your giveaway on my sidebar!

zachsmom said...

woot woo, jillene!!! congrats on the 200th posting.. I will be bragging on my blog soon.

tiki_lady said...

Thank you for entering my giveaway too, i mean who couldn't use $50!
these are beautiful, they are right up my alley! I am so glad you left a message! We actually do not have that many people in common! I love finding blogs like that!!!

ok, enter me in. I am putting your giveaway on my side bar! kewlness! I'll be back. I may even be a follower.
cute kiddos too

tiki_lady said...

ok, please check you are on my side link under give aways! you are welcome to give me a shout out as well, but it is not necessary.
if you don't mind, I'm going to poke around your blog a bit.
I promise it won't be painful!

Lara Neves said...

Cool stuff, and congrats on your 200th post! :)

SalGal said...

200 posts is a lot!! I don't even know how to find out how many posts I have done.

Congrats!

And ubetcha we can be bloggy BFFs! Thank you for all your compliments!

House Queen said...

I just found your blog! It is so pretty and you have darling kids! Please enter me in this giveaway and check out my blog sometime!

Annette Anthony said...

Its me Annette, The Blog virgin! I just figured this out! Yea! Now enter me in this contest of yours you crazy woman!

Anonymous said...

mazeltov on the 200th post! That's really exciting! The necklace and bracelet are really pretty. One of my old roommates makes jewelry. I wish I had that talent! Here's hoping I win!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

You should arrange your own meet and greet! Or make Kristina do a "Bloggers Re-unite" or a "Meet and Greet Part Deux"

Michelle said...

oh, me, me! PA-LEEESE pick me!! :) I am poor and can't afford jewlery. haha.

ktmay said...

cute cute cute. i love making jewelry with wooden beads. 200 posts-that's awesome. i may never reach that because i have a tendency to delete old stuff! i have no idea why.

Bobie said...

Cute!!! Love the giveaways, except I don't know why????? cuz I never win!!

Bobie said...

I posted the thing about your giveaway on my blog.

kamewh said...

Congrats on your 200th post!! These are SO beautiful!

Kristen said...

Woohoo, congratulations on your 200 post! I am 7 away from 50 which means I must not have many fun things to post about... If you can believe it I have actually been accused of being an infrequent blogger :0)

Kristen said...

I think they should make a necklace called "Kristen" that would be SWEET!

DaiseyB said...

Congragulations on your 200th post. I haven't been in the blogging world for very long but I love going from blog to blog and checking out others blogs. I found you by way of Mother Goose's blog. Anyway I love both of the things you are giving away so add me to the list.

Pearl Girl said...

That is the cutest necklace I have ever seen!!! Count me in. I found you on Vanessa's blog.

Pearl Girl said...

I put you on the sidebar of my craft blog. so put me down for 3 girl!!!

Robbins said...

I am glad to see someone else is following the Prophet with blogging.:):)
LOVE the Jewelry!

Robbins said...

Got you on my blog!:)

Jillene said...

Erin the Great-
You are down for 3 entries!!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Congrats, and put me down for 3 entries, Jilly!

Jay

Jillene said...

Jay-
3 it is BUT only if you NEVER call me Jilly again!! Let me explain--I was named after my mom's brother's wife Jillene but she goes by Jill and she is no longer my uncle's wife--kind of a sore spot!!

Wendy said...

those are way cute! count me in!!
wow 200 posts, great job

Jillene said...

Jay-
I noticed that you are following my blog now!! Yeah!! Yeah!! I really do love/enjoy your blog!!

K and/or K said...

congrats! love the necklace--count me in!

lifewithquads said...

woohoo!! 200, that's awesome.

Count me in, I adore jewelry.

Anonymous said...

I blogged about your giveaway!! Please enter me... I started following your blog, My friend has you listed, as she was blog surfing

My blog is lizhapari.blogspot.com I have another blog, and its shoogiefam.blogspot.com, and I will blog about it there too, but it's private..
Liz

Anonymous said...

ps my other blog is kinda boring, but if you want an invite..you can. Also.. Put me up for three;)

Emily said...

Pick me! Those are cute. My sister let me to you. I will blog you too. www.stamptimesomewhere.blogspot.com

Emily

Michelle S. said...

So now that you have reached 200, you are done?

My one sure new post, and it's not new this time!

Just kidding!

Congratulations Jillene! I always love to read. Plus when I post this, I will be comment #66!!!

Numbers to be happy about.

Unknown said...

Oh I am loving the nut jewelry reminds me of my trip to Hawaii years ago! Holly sent me over and i am in LOVE Congrats on 200 Posts! That in itself is a huge accomplishment!
Ok now I get a few hits on my blog, about 200 - 300 a day so I put a little TOOT out for ya!
http://blueyecicle.blogspot.com/2008/10/yes-just-call-me-queen-of-crap.html
Thanks for the fun contest!
And it ends the day before my birthday! You know I will be back!
~Pinky~

Wendy said...

OK!
I added you to a sidebar!
finally, sorry I have been so busy

amber belmonte said...

it was great to meet you tonight! and oh my gosh, your kids are ADORABLE!

Unknown said...

What a CUTE giveaway... I will put you on my sidebar. And Wish me LUCK!

junglemama said...

How pretty!

Wendyburd1 said...

going thru jillene-post withdrawl here! :)

Jillene said...

Fitzwater Family-
I will believe that you are honest since I can't view your blog--you are down for 3 entries!! Good luck!!

Natalie said...

Oh yeah, I love the natural jewelry too. It's beautiful! Here's hopin...

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely necklace and bracelet! Great giveaway!
Elaine R
emrosser@shaw.ca

Jillene said...

Holly-
You are down for 3 entries!! Thanks for the shout out!!

Teresa Jordan said...

I would LOVE your tried and true recipes. I am always trying new things and adding them to the food blog. Share, Share!

Michelle S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaunab said...

Jillene- 200 posts is awesome!!! count me in...

Beeb said...

Very neat giveaway, thanks so much for the chance! :)

Susie said...

found you on pinky's blog and I must say this is a gorgeous blog! I love the design!! love the blog candy rak too but man girlfriend the design of the blog is more pretty to the eyes even then the jewelry! awesome job on the blog!

Jocelyn said...

What a great Blog! I found you on Pinky's and fell in love with your jewelry! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday~

Momnerd said...

These are beautiful! I love jewelry too! Congrats on 200 posts!!

Just SO said...

Congrats on the 200th post!!

Wendyburd1 said...

3 days to go!!lol

Christy said...

Great jewelry! I put a shout out for you on my blog.

Taya said...

I am a jewelry finatic and I love, love, love that set!!! Thanks to Christy for letting me know about your blog...and congrats on the
200th!!!!!

Jillene said...

Thanks Christy!! That's 3 entries for you!!

cally said...

Ooooh. Count me in.

The Newitts said...

I want to win win win
I put you on my blogging list so I can have extra chances to win

The Newitts said...

I want to win win win
I put you on my blogging list so I can have extra chances to win

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 200th post and on following the prophet. This is how I journal as well! Fabulous jewelry, would love to win it. Will be putting your info on my side bar. Thanks for the fun!

The Roberts Family said...

cute stuff i love it